When we were young…
When we were young the world seemed a simpler place…
· There was no fear of failure. We had everything to gain and nothing to lose.
· We weren’t tainted by past experience; there were plenty of first times to savour.
· We had boundless energy; bed was the last place we wanted to be.
· We felt we could be anything we wanted; a singer, an actor, an astronaut.
· We had our whole life ahead of us, a world of possibilities.
It was great being a young ‘un.
What rubbish! When we were young…
· We were raw, green and naïve with plenty to learn.
· We were innocent and impressionable so easily led astray.
· We lacked the patience, persistence and dedication that comes with age.
· We didn’t always think before we spoke or acted, often causing embarrassment.
· We thought we knew better. We didn’t!
Youngsters are a work in progress, not the finished article.